Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Experience the Ultimate


KINDLY There is nothing that I can say about my own self, because when I go within I found no one there. I do not exist there.


You are asking me: Who am I? I am ordinary human being and my message is this much only that inside the ordinariness is hidden the extra-ordinariness. Being natural and spontaneous, I have known the divine within me. I have discovered the infinite treasure within. I also want to convey the same thing that many sages down the centuries have said: Each and every human being can dive within in the ocean of bliss and know “SATCHITANAND - Truth, consciousness and bliss.” This small thing is all that I want to share with you but it would be wrong to call it only my message. This is one common message of all those who have known, who have been enlightened, who have merged into that oneness. If you wish, you can call it as my message. But there exists nothing like mine. When I say, that you have to know yourself, it simply means that I am nothing. My existence is like nothingness. In self-realization, we just become aware that I am not.
Nothing Like

You all must have heard the story of Bikshu Nagsen. Once a king, through the members of his court, sent an invitation to Nagsen, to come to his court. He shall be welcomed; he shall be given a post, since he is an intellectual person. His presence will create the goodwill of the court since he is a man of wisdom. To the members of the court he replied, if the king had called, so definitely I shall come but there exists nobody like Nagsen. Surprisingly, they inquired; if there is nobody like Nagsen then who shall come? The member returned and told this incident to the King to which he too was amazed. The preparations for His arrival were done. On a chariot came Bikshu Nagsen. The king welcomed him at the gate and said: I welcome you, Bikshu Nagsen. He also greeted back and answered your greetings are accepted but there is none like Bikshu Nagsen. Inquiringly, the King asked if there is nobody like Bikshu Nagsen then who is accepting the greetings. Bikshu Nagsen said: it would be better to understand this in detail. He said let me explain it to you with an example. He asked in the chariot which I came where is it? Pointing towards the chariot, the King said it is in front of you. Nagsen ordered to remove the horses from it. His orders were followed; to which he asked are these horses the chariot? The king said: how can the horses be the chariot, they are just the horses. Nagsen requests to take the horses away since he only required the chariot. Then he ordered to remove the wheels of chariot, which when done, he inquired are these wheels, the chariot? To which King replied these are just wheels, how can they be the chariot? These wheels were also sent away. In the similar manner, the seat of chariot, the cushion, its upper cover, the ropes to which the horses were tied were all removed. Each part of it was separated and was queried is this the chariot? And for each of them, the king had to deny the existence of chariot and name each as a part. Smilingly, Nagsen asked, now nothing is left, where is the chariot? The king was also puzzled.

Explaining it, Nagsen said: chariot is only a name given to combinations of these things. It actually does not exist anywhere. He further added, in this context try to understand my point. You all know me by the name of Nagsen, it is merely a combination of body, mind, and the consciousness. You try and separate them out, then there shall be nothing as Nagsen left behind. Body is given by my parents, it is their gift. It is made up of clay, it is created due to consumption of food and it shall also dissolve in the same clay one day. Mind is given by the society. All thoughts are not mine they are either given through information from books, by the people. This mind shall also disappear one day. The conscious is of existence, of the divine, that is also not mine. The combination or joining point of body, mind and consciousness is named as Nagsen. It is useful, it is essential from linguistic point of view but it has no reality. It just has a utilitarian value. Just remove the body, separate the mind and pull out the consciousness then there shall be nothing like Nagsen left behind.
You are asking me: Who am I? Just understand this only I am just a combination. My message is this much only to make you all aware that you all too are a combination. And if you shall be stuck in formalities or consider yourself to be as your name then you will be in
misery. If only if you can go within and search who am I? Then you shall find there is nobody within, just divinity in the form of consciousness. Mind is given by the society, body is gift of parents; it is created due to food. We are just the combination of these three. All I want to say it this: relax in Samadhi and realize this fact and you shall be free from it. To be free, nothing else is needed, just experiencing and understanding it is needed. But the word self-realization is contradictory, it means when you realize that there is no self.
Self-realization only means that I am not. That’s why Gautama Buddha calls it “Anatma.” You can call it by any name, either as ‘Atma’ or ‘Anatma.’

In this realization all the dualities disappear. Just a message of one line I want to give; Experience the Ultimate.

No comments: